Wednesday, April 22, 2015

1100 Miles

Flying (literally) past 1100 miles skijoring for the season!
1105.8 miles and counting...
Catching air as we open up the throttle on a fast straightaway atop Rabbit Ears Pass.

This is our second year in a row surpassing 1100 miles of skijoring for the season. We are dreaming of 1200 if the snowpack can hold up (or Mother Nature gives us some new snow).
"1100 was fun, how about 2200?" asks happy Max at one of our turnaround points on the trail.
"I hear Antarctica has a great snowpack for summer!" suggests fun Zorro.

Come along for today's fun tour up, down and around Rabbit Ears Pass...
The top crust of snow is holding up beautifully for late April!
Having a blast sprinting along the top crust!
The two points on top the mountain directly in front of Zorro are the ears for which Rabbit
Ears Pass gets its name.
Nice semi-side view of my out-stretched skijor partners as I glided out to the left a bit
to catch this nice view.

Today's route took us by the Rabbit Ears Pass Marker. Always fun to stop and inspect:
"Hmmm, does not smell like rabbits!" declares inspector Max.
"Hmmm, I do not see any rabbits!" states inspector Zorro.

Max provides the day's comical interlude. If the musher ever takes too long during a quick pause (equipment adjustment, gps check, etc.), he is always told about it by at least one. Today was Max's day to let me know just how slow I really am...
"Aaahhhhh - you are KILLING me! I'm getting bone rot waiting for you!" screams Max.
"I would never say anything like that!" says 'it wasn't me this time' Zorro.
Note my shadow with my left arm in the air as I am saying, "I'm coming, I'm coming
you impatient red head!"

A day spent touring the terrain around the Rabbit Ears Pass Marker: 8.7 miles with 700 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 22 MPH.

2014/2015 Season to Date: 128 days on the trails covering 1105.8 miles with 115,850 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment