Saturday, November 17, 2018

Fast Packed

A ridiculously fast packed trail at Indiana Creek this morning!
Flying Zorro + Airborne Jack + Launching Rudy = Zoom!
The trail at Indiana Creek was thin & fast packed terrain this morning. Almost too fast as you see patches of shiny ice instead of snow in the photo above. But we did it as I was riding my skis hard to keep the 3 pack under control all outing :)

Today's short video clip demonstrates what I am talking about. Come along as we are on ridiculously fast packed terrain. Zoom!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

To date, Rudy had been perfect at all our skijor starts. Perfect meaning he was "lined out" with Zorro & Jack and took off with them. This morning, though, he was so busy talking about how much fun he was about to have that he forgot to line out and almost missed the start. Silly puppy!
Zorro & Jack taking off as little Rudy forgot to line out with them.
"Wait for me! Wait for me! Here I come!!!!" screams Rudy :)
Love this fun shot of the tightly configured 3 pack. Airborne Zorro leading the youngsters hanging off each of his shoulders.
"Keep with me kids!" declares lead dog Zorro.
As usual, lots of breaks since it is still "training mode" when young Rudy is along. And, as usual as well, snow angels from Jack at every break!
"Rub a dub dub!" demonstrates silly Jack.
"So many breaks, but still a ton of fun!" expresses Zorro.
"I love love love skijoring!" declares happy Rudy.
Skijoring over, time for "end of run" treats!
"Slurp, yum, yum!" says Jack taking a pork treat from my hand.
"Hurry back to my turn!" says Zorro.
"Me next, me next!" little Rudy is saying to me :)
Another short, fun & easy Rudy training run: 1.9 miles traveled with 100 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 17 MPH (Rudy's fastest speed yet!)

2018/2019 Season to Date: 10 days on the trails covering 43.9 miles with 4250 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment