Monday, November 14, 2022

TOM

This morning's skijor had a mix of fast & fun skijoring along with a set of Team Organization Meetings...

"Wanna play!" bows silly Rudy.
"No back down here!" replies Jack.

A Team Organization Meeting (or TOM), you ask? Well, a few times a season, I have to stop the team and discuss the objective of skijoring and remind everyone what is not allowed. Not allowed? Provoking, pouncing, dorking and wrestling on the trail. As you see above, we had an outbreak leading to a TOM discussion.

Ok, the discussion went well. Here's a great cornering shot!

Flying around a corner. But, wait, my knee rarely shows on  the camera.
I must be in a serious skiing tuck!

Sometimes skijoring requires some real skiing from me! Come along for a fun wild ride as Jack & Rudy are propelling me along this winding stretch of trail. Anytime you see this much of my skis (or my knees) and/or see Jack & Rudy disappear briefly from the camera, that means I am in a serious tuck trying my hardest to keep upright and in pace with the fun kids! Phew, I made it through this wild stretch upright!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

Given that nice video, it seems the TOM went well, right? Well, a little further along and POW from Jack.

Time for another Team Organization Meeting.
But, nice left hook Jack :)

The second meeting went well. Here we are restarted again. Three nice things in this photo: 1) Jack & Rudy are behaving :) 2) the skies have clouded over; 3) it started snowing lightly (notice the snowflake hitting the camera up and left of Rudy).

Yay for a successful TOM!
Yay for snow!

Back to the trailhead and Jack & Rudy were very proud of their antics this morning :)

"I think those meeting went very well!" says innocent Rudy.
"Yea, good discussions!" adds innocent Jack.

A lot of fast & wild skijoring in between two Team Organization Meetings: 9.1 miles traveled with 700 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 20 MPH.

2022/2023 Season to Date: 16 days on the trails covering 120.2 miles with 9850 feet of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment