Sunday, November 30, 2014

Back on Track

Back on the trails after a 4 day break!
Out-stretched, sprinting Siberians along the Fall Creek Trail at Wolf Creek Pass.
We had a 4 day break to visit family for Thanksgiving. While fun was had by all (including Max & Zorro), it was still 4 days in a state without snow - egad! My partners were ready to go when we got back on the snow this morning.

You may recall past blogs where I mention Max lecturing me at the trailhead when I take too long to get my skis on & equipment in order before turning us loose. Well, even Zorro got in on the "impatience lecture" this morning:
"We spent FOUR days in Arizona!!! Let's GO!" say the very 'ready to go' pair losing
patience with my slowness.
When I am at the end of the gangline, I cannot capture the sounds of Max (and Zorro's) lectures as the camera is in a waterproof case that unfortunately muffles noise more than a foot or two away. But, today, Max started his lecture when I was right next to him in the process of hooking him to the gangline. So, for all who have been wondering: turn up your volume, play the video and listen to Max lecture me at the trailhead (iii awooo woo iii woo....):
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

For today's outing, we stopped at Wolf Creek Pass in Southwestern Colorado on the way home to Breckenridge. The trail conditions were ok (not good or perfect); but good enough to open up on a few stretches. Here's a fun, short video clip of one of the nicer sections of trail:
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

Ok Max & Zorro, I finally got myself situated and we got skijoring, how is the day going:
"Fantastic! So happy to be back on snow!"
answers ecstatic Max.

"Perfect, a fantastic day!" states Zorro
spinning around at our turnaround point.


A short run up/down the Fall Creek Trail at Wolf Creek Pass covering 6.4 miles with 700 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 16 MPH.

We are back in Breckenridge and ready to restart some "serious mileage" runs as we enter December tomorrow...

2014/2015 Season to Date: 26 days on the trails covering 200.9 miles with 22,450 feet of elevation climbed. 200 miles and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment