Sunday, February 1, 2015

Back on Track

Back on the trails after an unplanned 4 days off - wheeee!
Nice cornering from my Siberian Sports Car as we lean into a left along the
Sally Barber Mine Trail.

We had about 1-2 inches of fresh snow on the trails last night after a few days of no new snow. It was just enough new snow on fast packed trails to open up the Siberian Throttle. Zoom, zoom, zoom....
Synchronized & aerodynamic sprint tuck along the Sally Barber Mine Trail.
Notice all 4 ears tucked in for extreme aerodynamics!
Different trail - same results: a synchronized sprint tuck along the French Gulch Trail.

The previous three photos give you the theme for the day - endless & fast skijoring! Below is a short video clip to complement the photos as we zip along the Sally Barber Mine Trail.
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

At our turnaround point in French Gulch - not everyone was impressed with my decision to turn around:
"I'm game! I'm listening!" states happy little Zorro spinning around on my command.
"In a second, we saw MOOSE from this exact location last week!" says 'moose surveying' Max.

Our usual skijoring run goes as follows: (1) run for about 2/3 of the outing; (2) take a quick 1-2 minute break and get a small pork treat (think of it as a Siberian Power Bar); (3) restart our run for the last 1/3 of the outing; and (4) get big pork treats and the end of the run. As I mentioned above, we had an unplanned 4 days off as I came down with some sort of sickness and was laid up for 4 days recovering. Max was convinced I forgot the procedures as I was not quickly retrieving the small pork treats from my pocket at the 2/3 point....
"Wooooo - duuuude! You forgot how we doooo this!" declares Max letting me know I am
clearly out of practice after 4 days off.
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" was my response as I was going for the quick snack, although
clearly not fast enough!

And, finally, no trip to French Gulch this season is complete without some sort of 'moosing'. Today's was 'fresh moose tracks'...
"Dunk! Fresh Moose Tracks - must INSPECT!" declare the moose seeking pair.

A quick run to re-introduce my recovering body to the trails today: 8.3 miles with 800 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 22 MPH.

2014/2015 Season to Date: 70 days on the trails covering 599.0 miles with 64,600 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment