Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Snow Spots

Zipping along the French Gulch Trail - zoom!
Getting towed by my sprinting pals - wheeee!
It was snowing lightly to moderately our entire outing this morning. I did not realize until I got home and downloaded the GoPro video that most of the day's footage was blurred by snow spots on the camera! I did not think it was snowing hard enough to blur the camera, so did not think to check it and wipe it clear of snow. But, alas, it was snowing just enough for flakes to cling to the camera and blur long sections of video before the flake finally melted and/or was blown off the camera.

Oh well, here are the few shots I was able to salvage from the fun day...
Flying along the Sally Barber Mine Trail.
Coming around a corner far back in French Gulch as Zorro is partly blurred by a snow spot but sprinting Max is clear:
Wheeee! The little white specks you can see in this photo, if you look long/hard enough, are
actively falling snowflakes. I count 6, how many can you find? Odd that such light snowfall
had such an impact on the camera. Usually it takes heavy snowfall to blur the day's footage.
End of the morning run and back at the Jeep to greet Nancy. Look at that huge snowflake in the upper right of the photo!
"We may have lost the footage to snow spots, but I had a GREAT time!" exclaims happy Max.
"Hi Mom! We had such a fun run!" says Zorro to Nancy still in the Jeep :)

A rare day where light to moderate snowfall was able to obscure most of the video footage. Oh well, we had a blast... 9.4 miles traveled with 1000 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 20 MPH.

2016/2017 Season to Date: 92 days on the trails covering 760.7 miles with 82,500 feet of elevation climbed.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome!!! I was just slowing my husband your skijoring pics and explaining my desire to move to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete