Friday, March 30, 2018

Rudy

Despite still being too young to skijor, Rudy provided PLENTY of entertainment at all of the trailhead interactions on yesterday morning's skijor :)
"I'm still having trouble with this 'too young to go' concept. Explain that again. I think
I am PLENTY big enough!" states perplexed Rudy who is more than convinced he is
big enough to run with the big boys :)
Despite many questions from Rudy at the start of the day's run, Zorro and I still left him (and Jack and Nancy) behind to do a quick 5.4 mile skijor before arriving back to pick up Jack...
Flying Z as we are 2nd or 3rd tracks on a freshly groomed speed track!
Done with a quick out/back with Zorro and time to pick up Jack for his turn to skijor:
"Hey little bro, ready to go?" says Zorro to Jack.
"You bet, hook me up!" declares Jack.
"Wait, wait, WHAT ABOUT ME!!! Didn't you come back for ME!?!?!?!?!" exclaims silly
Rudy trying to look as big as he can so he can run with the big boys.
As I split the gangline off Zorro to add Jack, Rudy made sure he was front and center to get my attention. Clearly the musher (me) was unaware that we had really come back for Rudy :)
"Just say it! JUST SAY IT! Say you came back for MEEEEEEE!!!!" demands silly Rudy.
"Really, this silly kid!" states happy Zorro.
Despite the question (and protests) from Rudy, we really did come back to hook up Jack and not Rudy. Zorro, Jack and I did a fun 0.4 mile skijor as we are slowly building growing Jack into more distance. If you remember years past, Max and Zorro were famous for their "hover husky" shots where they would appear to be levitating above the trail in unison. Well, we almost got our first hover husky of Zorro and Jack; but Jack was just a few toes away from a perfect shot:
Sprinting hover huskies as Jack is a couple of toes away from levitating with Zorro.
Time to call it a day and get our "end of run" pork treats:
"Serve 'em up!" declares happy Zorro.
"Don't forget about me!" states happy Jack ducking under my left arm to make sure he is in view.
"I'm still confused on this 'too young to go' thing; but I'll certainly accept the treats!" declares
silly Rudy.
Amazing how entertaining a 3 month old puppy can be when he is left behind and his only interactions are at the trailheads! Silly Rudy! Anyway, the big boys did a 5.8 mile skijor (5.4 with Zorro and then 0.4 with Zorro and Jack) with a top speed of 22 MPH and 700 feet of elevation climbed.

2017/2018 Season to Date: 42 days on the trails covering 301.8 miles with 27,100 feet of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment