Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Flying

Nice cornering from my skijor trio as we all lean into a hard left on the trail. Wheeee!
Absolutely beautiful and perfect cornering from veteran Zorro leaning into the left.
Nice "beginner form" from Jack & Rudy still learning all the ins & outs of speed cornering :)
We did our favorite "fast & short" run connecting onto Gold Run Nordic Center this morning.

The outing starts in the backcountry on narrow trails barely 3 Siberians wide.
Tight trio sprinting in the set track while I have my right leg in track for speed and my left leg
out of track for control and pretending that I could stop if I needed to :)
The reward for the hard work on the narrow backcountry trails is to be rewarded with the wide groomed trails of the nordic center. Groomie Zoomie!!!!
Flying Siberians! Love Zorro's perfect form again. Jack & Rudy still learning to perfect
flying like Superman Zorro.
Come along and watch the fun as we topped 22 MPH along this stretch of trail. It's a fun groomed section that is wide & fast with a fun left for us all to lean into as we corner at high speeds. Zoom!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

You might be thinking all of our "midpoint break" photos look the same. Hmmm, me too, but still love the antics for all:
"As usual, you have my full attention!" states happy Zorro.
"As usual, we stopped, I roll snow angels!" demonstrates comical Jack.
"As usual, we stop and I am in la-la land!" adds goofy Rudy.
To be fair, I do get Jack & Rudy's attention eventually....
"See, I can focus on the musher! You have my full attention!" states happy Jack.
"I'm paying attention too! I really can focus!" adds happy Rudy who is in Jack's snow angel
hole checking out Jack's work :)

A little backcountry and then a lot of nordic center flying: 4.8 miles traveled with 400 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 22 MPH.

2018/2019 Season to Date: 42 days on the trails covering 224.9 miles with 20,000 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment