Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Poles

The sled dogs are sprinting while I'm still putting my poles in place.
Who needs ski poles when you have sled dogs? :)
Clearly I do not really need poles :)
Now for the video counterpart to "who needs poles". We are at our turnaround point on the trail and I am in the process of turning the skis around. My pals are REALLY ready to go, so as soon as my skis are lined out I mutter a very soft "ok" (need your volume up to even hear it). But, my pals hear it and BOOM - off we go. Meanwhile I don't even have my ski poles on properly. It takes me the first 10ish seconds of the video to align my equipment even though we are flying along the trail behind the fast sled dogs. Once finally aligned and it is a beautiful run on the groomed nordic trails. Clearly I do not really need ski poles :)
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

We spent most the morning on the groomed trails at Breckenridge Nordic Center. So fast & fun to be on the groomie zoomies:
In a fast sprint tuck as all 3 are airborne.
All three love encountering people on the trail to zoom on by:
"Hi... Bye... ZOOM!" demonstrate the sprinting trio bringing a smile to the face
of the onlooker.
A milestone for young Rudy today - it was his first time skijoring three days in a row! We are still keeping his runs short; but three in a row is quite an achievement. How did it go?
"I was born for this!" declares happy Rudy.
"Can't wait until it is three long runs in a row!" adds Zorro surveying the terrain.
"I love all runs - short, long, anything!" adds happy Jack.
A fun day proving that I really do not need ski poles, just sled dogs! 4.7 miles traveled with 450 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 21 MPH.

2018/2019 Season to Date: 43 days on the trails covering 229.6 miles with 20,450 feet of elevation climbed

No comments:

Post a Comment