Sunday, February 14, 2021

Teamwork

 I think Rudy (and Jack too, of course) was having a great time out on the trails this morning!

You don't get a much happier face than this from Rudy (or anybody)!
"Hey, I'm having a great time too!" adds happy Jack in the background.

We had a good mix of different trail conditions to put together this morning.

We started out on somewhat thin snow cover on Prospect Hill. The middle of the trail had the deepest snow so that is where "powder Jack" positioned himself. I also put my left ski in Jack's powder track and kept most of my weight on this leg. The right ski was in the thinner snow behind Rudy with only the slightest amount of weight on this leg.

Making use of the powder middle with Jack to cruise along Prospect Hill.

After a warmup lap around Prospect Hill, we turned onto a snowmobile track to take us into the forest:

Zooming along in a snowmobile track with a light layer of 
new snow atop the track.

The snowmobile track was used to lead us through the forest and then drop us onto the fast & wide trails of Gold Run Nordic Center. Jack & Rudy love to floor it on these trails:

Zoom, zoom, zoom!

Today's video highlight is a fun teamwork clip showing us traversing a range of conditions as a well coordinated team. Come along as we begin flying along a fast & wide nordic trail. Then, I call out a "right" and we all dive into the deep, narrow & single-file side trail to navigate for a short distance until I call out a "left" and we connect and zoom along a "just wide enough" single track trail. Fun combination of teamwork from all!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

Back to the trailhead to tell Zorro about our great teamwork skills and enjoy 'end of run' treats:

"I taught them well! Now hand out the treats!" says focused Zorro.
"I'm such a mature sled dog now!" adds happy Rudy.
"Me too, me too!" adds happy Jack. I am looking at the big smile on
Jack's face even though my hand is blocking it from Nancy's camera angle.

A nice mix of trail conditions to enjoy this morning with a fun video highlight showcasing perfect teamwork: 8.4 miles traveled with 500 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 23 MPH.

2020/2021 Season to Date: 84 days on the trails covering 678.0 miles with 59,000 feet of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment