Sunday, May 26, 2019

Flying

Great shot from the front as the happy sled dogs tow me to the finish of today's fast & fun skijor!
Smiles all around! Love running on snow and towing the human!!!
There are two types of fun airborne shots to capture of my partners. There is the "airborne sprint tuck" (or the "hover husky") and there is the out-stretched sprint fly. Here is one of each in the following: a hovering sprint tuck from Jack with an out-stretched sprint fly from Zorro. Also notice the wide angle in this shot as you see the immaculate spring crust atop Rabbit Ears Pass on May 26th!
Sprint tuck next to a sprint fly next to an almost flying reindeer Rudy :)

Over the years I have, of course, captured lots of airborne sprint tucks & flies from Zorro. I also have a captured young Rudy in both a tuck and fly. But, to date, I have only captured Jack in a sprint tuck many times while he has seemed to always had a toe or two still on the ground when out-stretched. Well, today was the day I captured my first flying Jack. What a handsome and impressive sprint fly!!!
Flying Jack! Flying Jack!!!!
It is always the most fun to capture the trio in a synchronized tuck (or fly). Here is today's hover husky trio. Impressive again :)
Hovering over the snow! Notice the impressive "high lift" from almost 11 years old Zorro
in the middle!
I often mention the great fun we have on the spring crust as we abandon set trails and make our own path. Since there is no trail, my partners have to listen to me. I choose our path through verbal rights, lefts and forwards called out to my perfect listening partners. Come along for today's short clip demonstrating great teamwork as I call out some rights then guide us left by simply turning (they feel my direction and move left without command) until a final left to finish the clip. These three are so much fun to skijor with - they listen PERFECTLY!!!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

Eventually we had to turn around and head back to the trailhead. Everyone enjoying the day?
"This has been a BLAST!!!!" exclaims the ridiculously happy trio!
Another perfect day in late May! 7.2 miles traveled with 600 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 22 MPH.

2018/2019 Season to Date; 124 days on the trails covering 721.6 miles with 67,400 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment