Saturday, February 15, 2020

Misaligned

Happy fellas watching a dog sled team from Good Times Adventures run on a trail parallel to us.
"Hey friends! Love watching you run!' says the happy watching trio.
We went out to the trails at Swan Valley to do one of our favorite skijor activities: run alongside the dog sled teams from Good Times Adventures. It was a very fun day with lots of excitement on the trails.

Here we are executing a perfect pass by a team stopped on the side of the trail. You can see the 2 lead dogs of the 8 dog team next to the snowmobile. Notice the leader on the right is talking up a storm as we go by :)
"Hi... Bye!" says my trustworthy 'on by' partners.
Unfortunately, that is the best photo of the day. Unknown to me, the camera on my chest got shifted to the left of my body during the day's excitement. It was just after this photo that the camera got misaligned. You can see a team coming down the trail in front of us as I get my partners under control on the side trail. But, notice Zorro is lining himself up to go too. I had to kneel and keep ahold of the gangline to keep us from taking off as this team went by. In all the "control work" by me, I accidentally moved the camera far left on my chest and did not notice the rest of the day.
"I'm coming too!' says powder plowing Zorro getting ready to join!
"We are ready too!" says Jack & Rudy getting ready to join.
How misaligned was the camera after the prior photo? Well, here we are paused on a side trail watching another team go perpendicular. I am lined up straight but the camera is on the left of my body so you can barely make out Rudy on the right.
The misaligned camera getting only a smidget of Rudy's mouth but a nice, full
view of Zorro & Jack watching the team go by.
Just how misaligned? Well, here we are executing another perfect pass yet all you can see is Rudy. Trust me, Zorro & Jack were executing a perfect pass out of view of the misaligned camera.
"Coming through!" says trotting Rudy.
Oh well, sorry for all the misaligned shots. But, back to the originally aligned camera. Here we are executing our first pass on by a paused team on the trail. We start in a quick jog along the open trail until I see a stopped team around the bend in the trail. So, we slow, shorten the gangline for safety and then perfectly pass on by. Once on by, I need to call out a little encouragement to my partners before we restart going fast along the trail again.
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

A very fun day with, unfortunately, a lot of misaligned footage: 6.9 miles traveled with 600 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 23 MPH.

2019/2020 Season to Date: 96 days on the trails covering 655.7 miles with 60,450 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment