Sunday, February 2, 2020

Too Packed

What a happy trio. Love enjoying the trails with my partners!
"Do I look HAPPY or what?!?!" asks ecstatic Jack.
"I'm having fun too!' adds happy Zorro.
"Me too, me too!" contributes smiling in the background Rudy.
We only had time for a relatively short skijor this morning. But, since Zorro came with for a full run yesterday, we still let him sit out the first 1/2 of today's outing. Despite having only a short time to be out, the conditions were so fast packed that we covered some serious distance in that time!

We started out in the shaded Sally Barber Mine Trail with Jack & Rudy. Oh boy was the trail fast and packed!
Zoom the kids go!
After a quick run with Jack & Rudy, we added Zorro in to do an out & back in French Gulch. Boy, if I thought Sally Barber was "fast packed" then French Gulch was "almost TOO fast packed"! The transition got us out of the shaded from the shaded Sally Barber and onto the bluebird French Gulch.
What a BEAUTIFUL morning. What "too packed" a trail!!!!
What does "almost too fast packed" look & sound like? Well come along for the ride and listen to my skis scraping for me to keep some semblance of control and watch the camera (and me) bouncing along the ridiculously fast packed terrain! This is the kind of day that really tests the humans leg strength to try and keep the speed under control!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

As I mentioned, we did and out & back in French Gulch. Oh those silly kids at our turnaround point.
"They are at it again, aren't they?" asks Zorro looking back to me over his left
shoulder to avoid looking right at the goofball twins.
"Rub a dub dub - snow angels twins we are!" demonstrate the goofs.
Conditions may have been "almost too packed" for me, but they were perfect for a fast & furious outing for my partners!
All smiles as we glide to the end of a fast, fast day!

Luckily we have a lot of snow in the upcoming forecast to freshen up some of the too packed trails! 6.2 miles traveled with 400 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 23 MPH.

2019/2020 Season to Date: 84 days on the trails covering 578.5 miles with 53,400 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment