Monday, March 23, 2015

Mellow Day

A mellow day jogging up, down and around Boreas Pass this morning.
Beautiful shot of my fully out-stretched skijoring partners!

Temperatures were in the 30s (F) for our entire outing this morning. That is a little hot for Max & Zorro to run full throttle the whole outing; so it was more of a mellow jog day on the trails. But, we did hit a few stretches where we all opened up the sprinting engine. High up on Boreas had the coolest temps, of course, so my partners were happy to uncork the engine on fast trails on upper Boreas - as you can see in the photo above & below:
Zoom we go by Bakers Tank. Notice Max running on the packed trail while Zorro and I are
on the hard crust of shoulder. I put myself out on the shoulder so that I could believe I had
some control over our speeds and, when I did not sink, Zorro said, "Hey, fun, I am going to
run on the shoulder crust too!"

The parts of lower Boreas that are sun exposed all (or most) of the day are really starting to show the signs of Spring - boo:
Slowing to a gentle jog as the trail is getting skinny with exposed ground all along
the shoulders.

But the conditions are still so nice up high...
"Turnaround, really? Well, okay; but the trail is GREAT if we keep going up!" state my
fun partners agreeing to turn around and head down even though the conditions up are better.

A mellow day up, down and around Boreas covering 8.3 miles with 850 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 20 MPH.

2014/2015 Season to Date: 106 days on the trails covering 917.3 miles with 97,650 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment