Friday, February 14, 2014

Discussion

It is always fun to catch Max & Zorro in a "discussion" as we fly along the trails.
I always wonder what they are saying, although I think I know...
"Hey little bro - how fast do you want to go?" says Max glancing at his brother during
a dead sprint. "I'm game - pedal to the metal!" responds always-up-to-the-challenge Zorro.

We were pleasantly surprised to be the first tracks on both the Sally Barber and French Gulch trails today. We are entering a very busy weekend & laying fresh tracks on two popular trails was a welcome surprise!

Laying fresh tracks along the Sally Barber Mine Trail.
Laying fresh tracks along the French Gulch Trail.

The French Gulch section of the outing was an "out & back", so we had our out tracks to sprint along on the way back. Here is a fun video of us gliding along French Gulch until we reach the winter gate. You might think I am crazy to approach the gate with any speed; but I have complete confidence in my partners to take the right path next to the gate instead of going under.
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

After touring Sally Barber and French Gulch, we still wanted more. So we started down French Gulch Road for a final cool down leg to the outing.
Getting some waves & wows from the family stopping to watch the Siberians fly by with
the strange guy on skis behind them.

I think Max approved of today's outing. What do you think?
"YES! I do approve! I had a GREAT time!" exclaims happy Max at the end of the day's outing.

A fun & fast 7.9 mile outing with 800 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 23 MPH.

2013/2014 Season to Date: 90 days on the trails covering 766 miles with 88,550 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment