Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Great Partners

Nice shot of my great skijor partners safely towing me through the winter gate at French Gulch!
Gently and safely towing the human through the "pedestrian opening" at the French Gulch gate.
Think about everything that could go wrong in the prior photo. All three can fit under the gate and the trail is fast packed. So, they could easily ignore my slowing, go under the gate and slam me into it! The pedestrian opening is narrow and bumpy; so they could also approach this too fast and slam me into the poles. But, my partners are perfect and go gently through preserving the human! Yay!

Come along for the video counterpart of the gate crossing. Everyone slows when they feel tension from me slowing. Then all three go gently & safely through the gate and pause for me to get through. Then, once I give the "ok" they do what they really want - sprint fast! Finally a fun "branch in the trail" obstacle for Rudy & I to navigate over/around as the video clip comes to a close. What great partners!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

Today was a new milestone for Jack & Rudy. Building on yesterday's milestone of skijoring 4 days in a row, today was the first time skijoring 5 days in a row for the youngsters. Any signs of getting tired? Ha!!!!!
Beautiful shot of the synchronized flying trio!
I love this one section of the French Gulch Trail where we are in a valley that was cleared for mining hundreds of years ago that gives great views now.
Nice shot of the running sled dogs.
Beautiful shot of some pretty scenery.
The reward for safely and then quickly towing the human out & back the gulch? End of run pork treats!
"You have our FULL attention!" declare the extremely focused trio.
A fun run out & back in French Gulch and some video proof of just how great these three are as a skijoring team! 5.8 miles traveled with 450 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 21 MPH.

2018/2019 Season to Date: 56 days on the trails covering 305.4 miles with 27,150 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment