Monday, November 25, 2019

Camera Failures

It was a case of "failed cameras" on today's skijor outing.
At the trailhead "patiently" waiting for me to hook into my skis.
All of our cameras failed to operate this morning. The GoPro on my chest stopped recording 1.5 minutes after I turned it on even though its red light was blinking to indicate it was supposed to be recording (I glanced at the light twice during the outing and it was blinking both times). Then, Nancy's cam failed to record as well. She uses her cam to get video of us arriving at the end of the run and to get clips of our "end of run" treats. So, I had a grand total of 90 seconds of footage to use for today's outing with the first 40 seconds was me walking from the car to the trailhead. So, what did I get in the 50 seconds of "footage". Well, you have the prior photo of the trio patiently waiting for me to step into my skis.

As usual, according to Zorro, Jack & Rudy, I took WAY too long to step into my skis to get started. Zorro came back to see what was the holdup, Rudy simply "gave up" and Jack considered leaving to go run on his own :)
"You ok back here? Sure is taking a while! Oh look, now we have a 'Rudy flat' because you 
are taking SO long!" says Zorro.
"KILLING ME!!!! I must roll to distract myself!!!" demonstrates goofy Rudy.
"Maybe I'll unhook myself and go for a solo run if this takes much longer!" adds Jack.
Ok, now for the reality. The elapsed time between these two photos? 7 seconds!!!! Yes, in under 7 seconds everyone gave up on me declaring I was taking too long to hook up! What a bunch of impatient sled dogs :)

Total time it took me to hook into my skis and give everyone the "Ok, let's go" release? 35 seconds! So, a 35 second eternity later and off we go....
"FINALLY!!!!! Pedal to the metal!!!!" demonstrate the take off trio.
And that's all we got - 15 seconds after starting the run the GoPro stopped recording even though it kept blinking its "I am working" red light. Argh.

Oh well, we had a great time skijoring out & back in French Gulch. You'll just have to believe me: 6 miles traveled with 600 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 18 MPH.

2019/2020 Season to Date: 24 days on the trails covering 153.1 miles with 15,550 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment