Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Lost Footage

Such fun to share the 'end of run' treats with my happy sled dogs!
The "happy & very focused" trio :)
Unfortunately, today was a day of "lost footage" as I did not realize the GoPro inexplicably turned off early on in our outing and did not record most of our fun day. Oh well, come along for what little footage I did get...

Fun shot of the power trio launching me up the initial hill from the French Gulch Trailhead Parking Lot. Zoom!
Up we go, zoom, zoom, zoom!
Once you leave the parking lot at French Gulch, you quickly encounter an access gate which prevents all but a few people from driving out the gulch (there are a few private cabins in the gulch and the owners have keys to the access gate). I love showcasing my PERFECT skijor partners with complex obstacles to navigate with me on the trails.

Come along and watch as my perfect partners slow (without command) on the approach to the gate. Then, all 3 move right to tow me through the pedestrian slot in the gate (again, without command). Then a simple "wait" request from me and all 3 pause until I am safely through the gate. Finally, once the human is safely through, we TAKE OFF skijoring up & out French Gulch. Wheeee!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

As the video showed - cautious through the gate and then zoom:
Flying along French Gulch.
A few minutes after the prior photo and the darned GoPro stopped recording. Here's a description of what I wanted to show today. First, we eventually out skied all existing tracks on the trail and found ourselves laying fresh tracks in 4-5 inches of powder far back in French Gulch. Second, we were doing an "out & back" on this trail so we stopped in some deep side powder to turn around and Jack & Rudy rolled snow angels in some beautiful deep snow. Finally, we came back the same way and polite Jack & Rudy let elder Zorro run in my ski tracks from the way out while the two youngsters continued laying fresh tracks on the other side of the trail. What a fun day!

Anyway, at least Nancy's camera worked so we got the fun 'end of run' treats photo above and the following nice shot of the happy faces towing me to the finish of the day's outing:
"We had a BLAST!" says the happy, happy trio.
A wonderful day in French Gulch for us but, unfortunately, not much footage to share with others: 6.2 miles traveled with 500 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 20 MPH.

2019/2020 Season to Date: 80 days on the trails covering 550.3 miles with 51,300 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment