Monday, January 9, 2023

Safety Dust

Sing it out Loud Rudy :)

"WOOOO, what a perfect day on the trails!" belts out singing Rudy.
"Ah, cooling my belly in deep snow!" adds happy Jack.

This morning was absolutely perfect on the upper elevation trails at Breckenridge Nordic Center. We got a surprise dusting of snow overnight which made the conditions perfect! Without the dusting, the trails would have been tracked up and slick from a busy weekend of skiing. But, with the surprise dusting, it was perfect and we found ourselves first out on the trail to enjoy the dusting.

Catching air and laying fresh tracks as we approach the Kathy's
Warming Hut along the trail.

A really gorgeous morning! Here's a shot from one of our favorite view spots along the way. 

Nice views as Jack & Rudy lay fresh tracks on each side of the classic
ski track between them.

I like to call a dusting like this "safety dust" as it allows me to let Jack & Rudy go as fast as they want and I can easily control the skis using the dust. Without the dusting, it would have been too slick to let the kids uncork the skijoring engine all morning long!

Beautiful shot of the airborne kids flying along this
perfect trail!

Come along and see what I mean by "safety dust" as I've got my skis pretty much parallel with the help of the dusting to let the kids open it up. Top speed in this clip? 24 MPH. Zoom!!!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

You might be thinking, "Uh-oh, Jack is upright in that first photo cooling himself without rolling upside down!" Well, don't worry, we had multiple turnaround points on today's outing. The streak is intact, Jack has rolled at least one snow angel on EVERY skijor of his life!

"Of course I kept the lifeline streak alive!" says snow rolling Jack.
Love the peaceful look on his face, he LOVES to roll in the snow!

I love the polite attention I get from my pals when it is time for end of run treats!

"You have our full attention!" states the happy pair.

I don't know if I could have asked for such perfect conditions as we had with our safety dust this morning: 10.3 miles traveled with 1100 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 24 MPH.

2022/2023 Season to Date: 59 days on the trails covering 509.3 miles with 45,500 feet of elevation climbed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment