Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Beautiful Day

A beautiful day on the fast snowmobile trails at Rabbit Ears Pass.

The only thing that could slow Max & Zorro down was slowing to a trot to inspect the curious "snow bike" we encountered on the trail...
"Interesting... We could pull that!" say my curious onlookers as the snow biker was all smiles
and said, "I could use their help!" as he passed by.

Back to the real outing... We were on soft snowmobile trails all day long. Zoom, zoom zoom:

(1) It was fast uphill...
Towing me quickly up a rise in the trail - wheeee!

(2) It was fast in the shade...
Flying Siberians propelling me along the trail!

(3) It was fast in the sun...
Temperatures in the teens & soft packed trails means ZOOM!

A picture perfect day everywhere we went today!
"I approve!" states happy Max looking back at me when I stopped us briefly.
"Yep, great day - let's go!" says 'always ready' Zorro.

It was a short run (timewise) today; but a great day to cover some distance quickly: 9 miles with 700 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 24 MPH.

2014/2015 Season to Date: 55 days on the trails covering 461.2 miles with 49,500 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment