Thursday, December 27, 2018

Birthday

I got exactly what I wanted for my birthday this morning - a fast & fun skijor with my three favorite pals! Wheeee!
"Happy birthday!" says happy Zorro.
"Hey, birthday? Ok - happy birthday!" adds cute Rudy.
"Shouldn't you come roll snow angels with me for your birthday?!?" asks Jack :)
The prior photo is exactly what I expected from my pals at our skijor break: total, happy focus from veteran Zorro, goofy snow rolling from silly Jack and a smidget of happy attention from little Rudy.

I have come to learn our best skijor configuration this season. Remember this is our first year as a threesome and Zorro is the stable veteran, Jack is the maturing youngster and Rudy is the youngster in training. Our perfect configuration: Zorro in the middle, Jack to the left, Rudy to the right with my right leg behind Zorro and my left leg behind or outside of Jack...
The perfect configuration for our current level of experience and skill. Beautiful.
Another fun shot of the perfect configuration:
All smiles as Nancy caught a fun "shot from the front" as we end the day's run.
Why the perfect configuration? Well, just come along and see for yourself in an extended video of perfect skijoring. Wheeee and zooooom!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

End of the fast & fun birthday run - let's share some end of run pork treats:
"Happy birthday, now dish them out!" says all 3 focused pals.

A perfect "fast & fun" short run for my birthday this morning: 3.9 miles traveled with 250 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 20 MPH.

2018/2019 Season to Date: 25 days on the trails covering 130.2 miles with 11,500 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment