Friday, December 14, 2018

Bluebird

All smiles on today's beautiful "bluebird morning" skijor!
"Fun, fun, fun!" declares happy Zorro coming back to me at one of our short breaks.
"I'm a giddy puppy!!!!!' states ecstatic Rudy.
"I'm smiling, I'm smiling - but I'm rolling snow angels too!" adds silly Jack.
We started the day in shade and trees. Last time Zorro & Jack did this trail with me, we passed a car "dead in the backcountry" that will be there until at least April and maybe May before it can get out. Time to show Rudy the dead vehicle...
"Haha, we are still going!!!" says Rudy as Zorro & Jack show him how sled dogs are the
most reliable form of winter transportation :)
We quickly popped out of the trees and into a gorgeous sunny morning with fresh snow all around us.
All three sled dogs airborne as we sprint along in the fresh snow.
I love today's short video highlight. It is a little longer than our typical clip at 1:15 long; but it is so much fun I had to keep it all. We start gliding along this beautiful morning. Then, partway you get to see some skill from the trio. We are approaching a hard right and all three auto-magically slow down when they feel my tension so that we can safely move the human through the turn - perfect! Then, near the end we get to crossroads - the trail goes left but I only need to utter a single "forward" for everyone to abandon trail and continue forward into the fresh powder - perfect again! I'd say my trio really gets it!!!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

I directed everyone off trail at another break point to get a nice shot of Breckenridge Ski Resort across the valley.
"You said 'left' and I'm breaking trail!" demonstrates power Jack.
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" adds Rudy.
"You just said left to get a photo, I'll wait here!" declares Zorro the smart veteran.
Finally, to close today's blog... Look, we can stop without Jack rolling a snow angel :)
"Look, I can take a break upright!" says happy Jack.
"Cooling my jets!" adds little Rudy basking in the deep snow.
A beautiful bluebird morning with the skijor trio: 3.1 miles traveled with 350 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 18 MPH.

2018/2019 Season to Date: 19 days on the trails covering 96.2 miles with 8900 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment