Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Check

Laying fresh tracks in wind-blown powder, wheeee!

A wonderful trail of untouched snow in front of us!
It is all wind blown snow; but it's still untouched snow to lay
fresh tracks as we glide along!

We are entering the time of year where we encounter surprises on the trails as conditions continue to melt and deteriorate through April and into May. While deteriorating conditions are nothing to celebrate, the skills and teamwork of Jack & Rudy are something to celebrate as they are SO good at keeping me safe as the conditions dwindle. Here's one such shot of my partners checking in on me...

"Everything ok back there? That didn't sound good!" says the perfect
gentlemen glancing back at me.

Why the glance back? Well, come along and see for yourself in today's video clip. We start out gliding along a nice trail with a wind blown cover of snow. Then, about 8-9 seconds into the clip, you'll hear my skis scrape a large patch of ice hidden under the snow. Jack & Rudy both immediately glance back after the scrape to check my status. So polite and nice to take care of me! I know from experience that both would have stopped had their glance revealed I was not ok after the loud scrape. But, alas, I was still upright, so off we continue to go. Wheeee!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

With crowds starting to disappear from the trails, we were thrilled to be able to meet up with retired Zorro on the trail to finish the day!

"Yo big bro, here we come!" says happy Jack & Rudy.
"Looking good kids, I taught you well!" adds onlooking Zorro.

Once past Zorro, it was time for the goofball kids to show off their silly conjoined snow angels to Zorro.

"Um, I didn't teach that!" sighs my retired partner.
"Yes, I know Zorro, this is what I have to put up with nowadays!" I added :)

Once Zorro & I got the kids back upright, it was time for 'end of run' treats for all!

"Me first!" says focused Zorro.
"Me second!" states happy Jack.
"Sigh, I'll be back here since I'm third!" adds cute Rudy.

A nice morning gliding around trails with a layer of wind blown fresh snow: 7.1 miles traveled with 500 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 22 MPH.

2021/2022 Season to Date: 129 days on the trails covering 1095.0 miles with 101,800 feet of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment