Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Dude - Pay Attention!

Getting Wild as we skijor Wilder Gulch at Vail Pass this morning!
"Wild!!! Wheeee!!!" says happy Zorro telling Max how fun this is as we fly along the trail.
Love this shot of my synchronized & out-stretched sprinting partners:
Flying! Zoooom!
The theme of today's video clip: Dude - Pay Attention! This was our first run on Wilder Gulch this 2016/2017 season and I forgot about a tight right turn on the trail.

Watch as we are sprinting along until about 32 seconds into the clip and we come upon the tight right I forgot about. Suddenly I have to dig my skis into the ground to turn right and grab the gangline to keep me upright through the turn. Turn complete and onward we continue to sprint. Oooops: forgot to pay attention :)
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

At our turnaround point of the outing. I thought it was a chilly morning but that was only me.
"Aaahhh, rolling to cool off!" says silly Zorro.
"Yes, rub a dub dub!" shows Max.

Our first run of the season in Wilder Gulch at Vail Pass: 9.1 miles traveled with 950 feet of elevation climbed, a top speed of 24 MPH and one "almost lost it" tight right as the human was not paying attention!

2016/2017 Season to Date: 49 days on the trails covering 379.6 miles with 38,800 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment