Monday, January 23, 2017

Narrow Passage

How's this for a "narrow passage" along the trail this morning?
Max & Zorro towing me through an extremely narrow passage with seriously high snow walls!
I barely fit myself :)
We skijored the main French Gulch Trail this morning and added 3 side tours on lesser used trails intersecting the main trail. The photo above shows one of the lesser used side trails with its narrow track and incredibly high snow walls!

The main French Gulch Trail, though, was its usual fast & wide:
Laying fresh tracks in about 2 inches of new snow as we trot along the French Gulch Trail.

Opening the throttle to surpass 22 MPH on the main trail - wheeee!
At our midpoint turnaround, I knelt down to exchange pleasantries with Max & Zorro. Here's the response I got from my partners:
"Having a great day! Look at my happy, snow-covered head!" exclaims happy Max.
"You talk to Max, I'm going to eat snowcones until we start again!" states silly Zorro with a huge
snowball in his mouth that he is chomping down on.

A peaceful day gliding around French Gulch and its many side trails: 8.2 miles traveled with 900 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 22 MPH.

2016/2017 Season to Date: 65 days on the trails covering 514.6 miles with 54,500 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment