Monday, November 28, 2022

Rudy

Rudy wants EVERYONE to know how much fun he had out on the trails today!

"WOOOO!" said with extreme enthusiasm so EVERYONE could
hear Rudy's pleasure :)

We are happy to report that the Harrison Creek Trail is officially in "in season" condition. The snowpack is wonderful with no early season obstacles anywhere! I love the following stretch of trail with the great views to our right.

Zipping along as views of the rest of Colorado below us are to
our right.

Ok, to be honest, I often miss some of the incredible views live. That's why I come home a rewatch the outing from my GoPro. Sit back in your chair (as I am now) and watch the nice views to our right coming in & out of view from the trees. Wheeee!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]


Our turnaround point of the outing started as follows....

"Turnaround... Roll Around!" demonstrates consistent Jack.
"Na, I'm mature today. Can we get restarted?" asks mellow Rudy.

But, as soon as Jack stood up to get restarted, Rudy got right between my skis and belted out the WOO you see in the first photo (followed by 3 more). So much for mature and mellow :)

Arriving at the trailhead and doing our usual - putting smiles on the faces of impressed onlookers...

"Hi... bye... made you smile!" says Jack & Rudy impressively running
on by the smiling snowshoer. She said, "Wow, impressive!" as we glided
on by. I responded, "Yes, whee!" Maybe I should have wooed instead.
I'll have to consult with Rudy on that one :)

End of the morning run and apparently the human was taking WAY too long to open the bag of end of run treats:

"Yawn! Could you be much slower?" asks always opinionated and
yawning Rudy.
"I'll wait patiently for you to open the bag." I get reassured by perfect Jack.

Only time for this quick/short blog today, but I told Rudy I'd pass along his WOO of pleasure: 10.4 miles traveled with 900 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 21 MPH.

2022/2023 Season to Date: 28 days on the trails covering 225.8 miles with 19,700 feet of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment