Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Over

Cool shot of fast flying Jack & Rudy on the trails yesterday morning. Zoom!

Low angle shot due to me being in a ski tuck; but still a cool
shot of the flying sled dogs :)

We returned to the Harrison Creek Trail yesterday morning and, initially, I thought we were going to have a repeat of Monday's multiple Team Organization Meetings to discuss the proper actions of skijoring. But, it turns out that Jack just wanted to tag Rudy once and, after a quick "hey!" from me, the antics ended and we were skijoring again. Silly kids...

"Tag! You're it!" goes Jack.
"Got it! I'm IT!!!!" accepts Rudy :)

We got a nice, shallow layer of fresh snow overnight which allowed us to lay fresh tracks our entire "out direction" on the trail and then be second to our own tracks on the way back.

Fresh tracks fun!

For today's video highlight, come along for a wild skijor ride behind fast running Jack & Rudy. Wild? Well, you can tell that by the bouncing camera and low angle as I'm in a ski tuck to keep pace. Near the end of the clip, we are approaching a large dip in the trail that I don't want to attempt on skis. A simple "over to the left" from me and the team expertly slides left so we all avoid the dip. Great partners!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

Usually when I call out "Wait, time to turnaround." I get the immediate stop, drop & roll from Jack or both Jack & Rudy. Well, yesterday, both turned around on command without a drop & roll. But, as I said, "Ok, let's go." thinking we'd have no snow angels; both remembered, "Hey, we drop & roll before any restart!" I should have expected it :)

Turn, stop, drop & roll today!
Yes, that huge indentation in the snow to Jack's right is the start of his
snow angel that then rolled and wiggled to his current location.

My perfect listening pals that are always good for a few comedy acts during every skijor outing :)

"We heard you laugh!!!!" says the comedians.

Only time for a short outing yesterday morning, but a ton of fun: 6.5 miles traveled with 500 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 21 MPH.

2022/2023 Season to Date: 17 days on the trails covering 126.7 miles with 10,350 feet of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment