Tuesday, December 27, 2022

My Birthday

Today is my birthday, let me introduce you to my birthday party coordinators :)

"We know how to throw a real BASH!" says my cute & happy
party coordinators.

Jack & Rudy took me to Vail Pass this morning to give me a birthday skijor. We got started early to beat the holiday week crowds. As we began, the sun peeked over the eastern mountains just enough for Jack & Rudy to give me this cool birthday hover huskies photo:

Just enough sun to highlight the hover huskies floating over the trail.
What a cool shot!!!

To really appreciate the prior photo, notice in the remaining photos in today's blog that there is no bright sun or shadows. The sun gave us the lighting for the prior photo and then rose behind the clouds in the sky. How fun to have captured this short moment of bright sun.

To celebrate, Jack & Rudy took me on a wild ride on the Wilder Gulch trail at Vail Pass. This is a fun trail that is almost always fast packed and zooming. See for yourself:

The kids airborne again!
Why am I so far to the left? Well notice the upcoming right bend in the
trail. With surfaces this fast packed, I have to swing way out to the left
to have any chance of keeping upright with Jack & Rudy flying to the right!

Here we go for a minute of "getting wild in Wilder Gulch" - this was actually Jack & Rudy's second ever skijor in Wilder Gulch and their first ever without Zorro. Amazing how they took to this trail like they'd done it a 100 times before!!!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

We were going so fast that we used up all of the main Wilder Gulch Trail way ahead of schedule. No problem, we just did a fun side tour on some snowmobile tracks.

Zipping along in soft snowmobile tracks. Whee!

You know, throwing such a great party is exhausting. Just ask Jack & Rudy who had to stop, drop and roll to cool off midway through the outing.

Rudy always rolls his snow angels "on trail".
Jack will often throw himself off trail into side powder to get more
snow all over himself while rolling.

What a fun birthday skijor! I decided to thank my coordinators with tasty end of run treats :)

"Glad you had fun! We know how to throw a BASH!" says the
proud & happy kids.

Getting wild in Wilder Gulch: 9.8 miles traveled with 1100 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 22 MPH.

2022/2023 Season to Date: 49 days on the trails covering 416.4 miles with 36,200 feet of elevation climbed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment