Monday, December 19, 2016

Groomed Zoom

Topping 26 MPH skijoring a freshly groomed track at Rabbit Ears Pass. Zoom!
Sprint tuck Max with Sprint stretch Zorro. Zoom!
We arrived to our favorite "fast trail" at Rabbit Ears Pass to find it freshly groomed. This trail is groomed for snowmobile tours; so it is fast, packed and many miles long. When you are first to the trail after the groomer, it is ESPECIALLY fast. We hit 26 MPH on this freshly groomed terrain this morning - groomie zoomie!

Here we go... I have spliced together 3 video clips where I was thinking, "Damn, we are FLYING!" It must have been in one of these 3 where we hit 26 MPH. Wheeee!
[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

It was -10F at the trailhead this morning (yes, -10, the '-' is not a typo :)  I believe these cold temps added to Max & Zorro's engine as "freshly groomed + Siberian perfect temp" leads to fast skijoring. I thought it was a bit chilly; but that was only me...
"Aaaahhh, rolling snow angels to cool off!" says '10 below & hot' Max!

"My turn, my turn - I'm on fire too!" demonstrates Zorro rolling to cool his jets.

A fast day on freshly groomed terrain with perfect Siberian temperatures: 9.4 miles traveled with 750 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 26 MPH.

2016/2017 Season to Date: 37 days on the trails covering 279.1 miles with 28,200 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment