Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Jury Duty

Max had many opinions about this morning's "slow start" to get running on the trails!
"You're KILLING me! Let's GO!" exclaims silly Max.
"Geez, and people say *I* am the 'wild one'!" states solemn Zorro.

Nancy got stuck with jury duty this morning. So, that meant I was going solo with Max & Zorro to the trails.

Our normal day (with Nancy) goes as follows: I put my ski boots on at home and Nancy drives us to the trailhead. Once there, Max & Zorro hop out of the Jeep with Nancy while I get my skis, gear and other paraphernalia ready to go. Then, finally, Nancy helps hook the wild sled dogs to the gangline and off we go.

Without our handler, Nancy, the day instead goes as follows: Max & Zorro wait in the Jeep while I put my ski boots on. Max & Zorro wait in the Jeep while I get my skis, gear and other paraphernalia ready to go. Max & Zorro wait in the Jeep while I get the gangline and other equipment lined up to go. Then, FINALLY, Max & Zorro get to come out of the Jeep and off we go. Did you count how many "waits" I mentioned in this solo process? Well, Max counts the "waits" and multiplies by 10!
"Apparently yoooooooo didn't hear me! Why am I still in the jeeeeeep?" woos impatient Max.
"And people say *I* am the 'wild one'!" declares surprisingly patient looking Zorro.

Max is hilarious when he gets going on an opinion. Our Registered Therapy Dog lecturing me at the trailhead while Zorro plays the role of cool & calm! Silly Max!

Once we FINALLY (says Max) got started, how was the outing you ask? Well, we are happy to report it was puking snow all day and the GoPro was blurred by snow the entire outing!
This is some of the clearest footage I have from the day! It was dumping snow and impossible
to keep the GoPro clear. Yay for Snow!

Yay for Snow! A fun day somewhat slowed by cutting fresh tracks in 3-6 inches of fresh powder all morning: 7.8 miles traveled with 800 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 18 MPH.

2015/2016 Season to Date: 35 days on the trails covering 291.6 miles with 30250 feet of elevation climbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment