Tuesday, December 14, 2021

25 MPH

Fun "shot from the front" happy Jack & Rudy towing me to the finish of this morning's run while retired mentor Zorro looks on approvingly!

"Looking good kids!" says onlooking Zorro :)

Typically our "shots from the front" have Jack and/or Rudy looking at Zorro and/or Nancy. So, what's up with the silly kids focused straight ahead in the prior photo? Well, there were two skiers putting on their skis in the parking lot directly ahead of us. Jack & Rudy thought (or were hoping) I would hand them off to tow the two strangers for another round of skijoring :)

The plan this today was for a "short & fast" early morning skijor. I think Jack & Rudy got the memo about today's plan. No time to waste rolling snow angels during our outing, so the silly kids rolled angels at the trailhead while I was putting my skis on.

"Getting our daily angels in before the run!" demonstrates the silly two.

Once my skis were on, it was ZOOM all day from the fast & fun kids!

Love the aerodynamics in this speed shot! Notice all four ears tucked
in tightly for extreme aerodynamics.

Now, how about the following for a fun speed shot? Zoom:

Jack & Rudy FLYING along the fast, fast terrain. Wheeee!

The highlight of today's "short & fast" outing? Well, the GPS clocked us topping 25 MPH as our top speed. There were at least 4 times during the outing that I thought to myself, "Wow, if this isn't 25+ MPH, I don't know what is!!!!" Today's video highlight is one of those 4 occurrences. Come along as Jack & Rudy floor in today's video highlight. Zoom!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

Very proud of ourselves for such a seriously fast outing this morning :)

"I approve of the 'end of run' treats!" says Zorro inspecting my treat bag.
"We were FLYING today!" adds cute Jack & Rudy.

What a wild & fast outing this morning! 6.2 miles traveled with 400 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 25 MPH.

2021/2022 Season to Date: 32 days on the trails covering 251.1 miles with 23,200 feet of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment