Friday, December 17, 2021

Trail Snack

Jack & Rudy cruising along as they towed me up & down Boreas Pass this morning!

Cruising! Wheeee!

While an energetic run up & down Boreas was fun, it was far from the highlight of today's outing. Come along for the photo play-by-play of the top action of the day :)

We were gliding along when I saw what looked like some partially snow covered logs in the middle of the trail in front of us. I was thinking that I'd pause to remove the logs from the trail to help other skiers. Silly human...

Me, "Weird, who put those logs in the middle of the trail?"
Jack & Rudy, "Clueless human! Don't tell him!!!!"

Huh, don't tell me what?

Well, it was not a log (or logs) at all but a bent deer leg with some meat still intact! Jack & Rudy were way ahead of clueless me and were on the leg before I realized it was free meat, not logs!

"Yum, yum, fresh frozen meat!!!" declares the taste testers.

Once I realized it was a deer leg, I reached down to remove it from Jack & Rudy's mouths and the trail :)

"Hey! We were using that!" demands Jack.
"So tasty!" smacks Rudy.

Much to my partners dismay, I tossed the leg off trail. Much to my partners objection, we did NOT follow the leg off the ledge I tossed it over :)

Tasty deer leg gone, we might as well get back to skijoring. Nice view of the ski runs of Breckenridge Ski Resort across the valley from us as we come around a bend in the trail:

Jack & Rudy cruising again. Nice view of the ski resort to our left.

Back to share 'end of run' pork treats with elder Zorro. Everyone ok with pork instead of deer?

"Yep! Yum Yum!" declares Zorro taking a piece of pork from my palm.
"Us next, us next!" says the focused kids who know their treats come from
my other hand, not the one Zorro is eating out of! Smart kids!

A peaceful run up/down Boreas this morning with tasty trail snacks along the way: 8.8 miles traveled with 900 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 20 MPH.

2021/2022 Season to Date: 35 days on the trails covering 272.3 miles with 25,400 feet of elevation climbed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment