Sunday, December 12, 2021

Action

Happy kids taking a breather as I organize our equipment at our turnaround point this morning.

"Fun day!!!" declares the happy kids taking a break in a deep snowmobile
track while I turnaround.

We had a TON of fun action touring around Dumont Lake atop Rabbit Ears Pass this morning. We found ourselves skijoring in all types of snowmobile tracks for miles and miles.

We started on flat & wide tracks and Jack & Rudy knew what to do :)

Flat, wide and fast near the beginning of the outing. Zoom!

Eventually we got into deeper snow but still wide snowmobile tracks.

Deeper on the shoulders, soft tracks in the middle and it is still
zoom, zoom, zoom!

Finally, we got far away from the trailhead and found ourselves following a fresh snowmobile track through deep powder!

Cool action shot of Jack & Rudy tucked into a fresh track going
through deep, deep snow! Nice shot of my ski tip to the lower
left too :)

Today's video fun is the beginning of our outing. Come and watch as perfect Jack & Rudy are patiently waiting for me to get my skis on. Once the skis are on, I give the verbal release to them and off we gooooo! Wheeee! Such great guys waiting for the human to get his equipment organized!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

What a fun day!

"Glad you came back!" says focused Zorro.
"I LOVE skijoring!" declares always happy Jack.
"I see the bag of pork treats!" adds Rudy locked on my treat bag.

A beautiful morning for a 10.6 mile skijor with 900 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 20 MPH.

2021/2022 Season to Date: 30 days on the trails covering 231.7 miles with 12,800 feet of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment