Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Pause

When the musher stops for too long on the trail...

"Your fault we are still stopped!" declares frisky Jack.
"Is NOT! Your fault!" responds Rudy :)

Why the "long" stop? Well, a bit after we started this morning, I remembered something I needed to tell Nancy but had forgot before we hit the trails. So, I stopped to drop my poles, take off one glove, pull out my phone, send a text, put my glove back on and finally pick my poles back up to restart. Well this was clearly a far too long of an extended stop for silly Jack & Rudy. As usual, they rolled snow angels when I first stopped; but when I did not restart quickly, the "blame game" took over and they had to discuss whose fault is was that we stopped for sooooo loooong!!! Goofballs, I did not really take that long to send a text!

Anyway, once I finally got us restarted, we had a great time doing multiple laps around the historic Sally Barber Mine. We were thrilled to find ourselves first out on this very popular trail. So rare to be able to lay fresh tracks near Sally Barber!

First on the trail! A rare fresh tracks run at Sally Barber Mine!

We skijored 3 laps around the mine and did not run into another soul all day long - amazing! Here we are on our second pass as we are second tracks to ourselves!

Roughly the same location as the prior photo as you see our own first pass
tracks in front of us. What a treat!

On the first pass by the historic mine, I paused to check our time on the trail. Paused again? Well, at least this pause was quick :)

"You pause, we 'stop, drop & roll'!" demonstrate Jack & Rudy doing their
usual snow angel antics during any short pause.

On the second pass by the mine, Jack & Rudy had enough of my silly pauses today. They were NOT going to let me stop again :)

Propelling the human by the mine so he does not have the chance to
stop "yet again" :)

Our top speed today was 23 MPH. Come along for the video of the speed burst. We start out the clip moving quickly along with snow falling around us. But, watch as Jack & Rudy kick it into high gear near the end of the clip as they burst into super fast skijoring. Wheeee!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]

Another great day to report back to retired mentor Zorro:

"Ah yes, I remember doing the Sally Barber Zoomies!" says focused Zorro.
"Wheeee! We always accept 'end of run' treat stops!" adds cute Jack & Rudy.

A real surprise today being all by ourselves on the trails near popular Sally Barber Mine - 8.4 miles traveled with 800 feet of elevation climbed and a top speed of 23 MPH.

2021/2022 Season to Date: 93 days on the trails covering 774.8 miles with 72,800 feed of elevation climbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment