Thursday, February 17, 2022

Take Down

Hmmm, this doesn't look like skijoring...

Is that Jack winning a wrestle match and pinning Rudy in the snow?

Wait, is that Jack pinning Rudy? Jack, my mellow, reliable and mature leader of our team? Yes, normally super Jack lost his marbles at our turnaround point of the morning. Oh Jack, what will I do without a reliable leader?!?!? Oh, by the way, Rudy LOVED getting pinned by Jack. Oh those silly & wild 4 year olds!

With fresh snow this morning, we went to our favorite fresh snow/powder trails on Baldy Mountain. Despite the photo above, we actually did get in some great skijoring in the fresh snow. We spent the majority of the outing on the main trail on popular Baldy, so were not first tracks but still had plenty of powder to enjoy:

Now that's more like it! There's my team! Wheeee!

As is usually the case on Baldy, we took a few detours from the main trail to enjoy untouched powder on lesser used side trails. Fresh tracks fun:

Fresh tracks side trail!

As is also usually the case on Baldy, we had the opportunity to fly on by oncoming skiers/boarders and put huge smiles on their faces as they watched the wild sled dogs propelling me on by. 

Good thing nobody saw the action in the first photo above :)

Here we go, flying along the main trail on Baldy. I love this trail with fresh powder to give me a little control and safety behind my fast partners. Wheeee!

[watch on youtube if no video loads below]


Back to the first photo... I'm going to report the unauthorized wrestle twins and wild (not mellow :) Jack to retired mentor Zorro:

"Well, I didn't teach that!!!!!" declares cool Zorro.
"Hehe, haha, I pinned Rudy!" says silly 'proud of himself' Jack.
"Hehe, haha, I loved getting pinned!" adds sillier Rudy.

A great fresh snow day skijor on Baldy when Jack & Rudy were upright - 7.7 miles traveled with 1200 feet of elevation climbed. I don't know our top speed due to a GPS malfunction; but it was certainly over 20 MPH and probably 23-24 MPH.

2021/2022 Season to Date: 89 days on the trails covering 735.8 miles with 69,400 feet of elevation climbed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment